Search This Blog

Friday, January 4, 2013

Sriracha Honey Cashew Chicken

I know most of you have seen this recipe floating around the blogosphere, but I HAD to share this.  This is one of the best stir-fried recipes I have tried in a while.

But, of course it is, it's got Sriracha in it, how could it not be??

You all know I love stir-fry because of it's simplicity and ease - this recipe is all that AND absolutely delicious!!

Sriracha Honey Cashew Chicken
Adapted from Mary, Barefeet in the Kitchen
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 1/2 Tablespoons Sriracha
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons vegetable or peanut oil
1 lbs chicken, cut into thin strips or bite size pieces
1 red pepper, thinly sliced or chopped
6 oz snow peas
1/4 - 1/2 cup unsalted cashews

Directions:
In a small bowl or measuring cup, add the honey, soy, vinegar, Sriracha and cornstarch; stirring to combine.  Set aside.

In a wok or deep, non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.  Add the chicken and stir fry for 4 minutes.  Add the red pepper and snow peas and stir fry another 3-4 minutes.  Stir in the Sriracha mixture and bring to a boil.  Immediately remove from heat and stir to combine.  Stir in the cashews.  Serve over rice or noodles and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  I Want to Marry You Cookies
Two Years Ago:  Chicken Braciole with Alfredo Sauce
Three Years Ago:  Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

14 comments:

StephenC said...

Nice. This is a stir-fry I can get behind.

Mary said...

I need to make this one again, asap. Thanks for the link, Jenn. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

P.S. It made me grin when I noticed that the Marry You cookies were your One Year Ago Today post. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I hate to sound like an idiot (actually it happens more than I would admit) but I've never actually heard of sriracha - this is what I love about food blogging - one more thing to try!
Mary x

Yenta Mary said...

Healthy, gorgeous, colorful and flavorful - what more do you need???

Big Dude said...

Two good looking meals to begin the year Jenn. We had Asian the night as well.

Velva said...

Proof that simple is best! This stir-fry would be a great weeknight dinner idea. Thanks for sharing.

We have really grown fond of the siraracha (sp?) sauce. We use it often too.

Cheers.

Velva

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

yummy!This looks healthy and very delicious!
Please join me for ON THE MENU MONDAY, my weekly foodie linky party. Link goes live every Sunday at 8:00 pm. Hope to see you and your recipes there!

Chris said...

That does sound amazingly good and something for stir frying on the grill!

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Lovely! This looks like just what I've been in the mood for lately - can't wait to make it! (Well, I have to wait until I can get my hands on some unsalted cashews.)

Carla from The River said...

Yum! Thank you for sharing.

Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) said...

I have not seen this recipe and if you say it's the best then I MUST give it a try. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Unknown said...

Well, you definitely got me at sriracha, honey, cashew, chicken... love all those four words :)
They look fantastic Jenn. yum.

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Perfect post holiday splurging meal! I think this is actually just what the doctor (or cardiac surgeon) ordered. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

You had me at Sriracha Jenn! Thanks for another winning sauce and being my go to Sauce Queen! Cheers!