Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

BLC's with Goat Cheese-Buffalo Aioli

On Friday, I once again, spoke of my love for mac and cheese.  Today, I will speak of my love for BLT's... or in this case, BLC's.  Yep, that's right.  Since it's hard to get good fresh tasting tomatoes all year around, I have grown to love substituting the tomato with cucumber.  English cucumber to be exact.  The cucumbers give the sandwich a nice fresh taste and, it's not often you run into a bad cucumber throughout the year.  So, when I saw a recipe for a BLT's with Blue Cheese-Buffalo Aioli, I knew I had to put my spin on it.

This sandwich is amazing!  The perfect solution to "what's for dinner" on any busy evening.

BLC's with Goat Cheese-Buffalo Aioli
Adapted from Aaron McCargo, Jr, Food Network
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
8 slices of your favorite bread, lightly toasted
16 strips of good quality bacon, cooked and cut in half
1/2 English cucumber (ok, you can use tomato if you want)
4 leaves (or more if needed) green leaf lettuce
For the aioli -
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
2 Tablespoons hot sauce (I used Frank's)
salt and pepper

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the aioli.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Lay 4 slices of bread on a cutting board.  Spread 2-3 teaspoons (or more) of the aioli on each slice, then top with 8 half-pieces of bacon, a few slices of cucumber and then the lettuce.  Top each with another slice of toasted bread.  Serve and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  The Witch's Marinated Chicken with White Wine and Parsley Aioli
Two Years Ago:  Herb Crusted Tilapia
Three Years Ago:  Balsamic, Dijon and Garlic Chicken

9 comments:

StephenC said...

At last a sandwich that's cucumber-some.

Debbie said...

Great idea!!! Nice way to try cucumbers in a sandwich!

Anonymous said...

Ok this is amazing!! this is LUNCH!
Mary x

Yenta Mary said...

That's so cool - literally! Cold, crisp, crunchy, and a perfect complement to the salty bacon ... :)

Big Dude said...

Very clever this BLC

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a clever variation. This sounds fabulous. You really have some great ideas. Keep them coming. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) said...

BLT's are the best sandwich in the world. It's the first thing I make when I get my first fresh tomato each Summer. I love your substitution with the cucumber. Great idea.

HB said...

Haha! This looks bloody delicious.

Sandwiches can be so boring, which is why I always order them on room service in hotels because I know I am going to get a beautifully prepared, toasted slice of heaven along with French fries.

I would say I can't wait to give this recipe a go, but I'd rather you cook it for me!

Happy new year jenn :) x

Chris said...

I was expecting the "c" to be chicken but once I quit crying, I liked the idea of this ;)