Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Grilled Tilapia with Chimichurri Mayo

Sometimes hunger over takes any sort of effort at taking good pictures.  I've found this out about food blogging.  At times, I'm patient and can take many pictures at many different angles... At other times I'm hungry and I don't care about the pictures (well until I sit down to post them that is!! lol) - this was one of those hungry times.  This picture is not bad, I'm just disappointed that I didn't get an actual picture of the chimichurri mayo - because that is the true star of this show.  But as I said.... I was hungry, I was in a hurry... I'm sure you understand :)

With that said, this was still really good and really easy!  And if you don't like fish (cause I know you are out there), you can use this on fish or even as a sandwich spread...which is what I will be doing very, very soon!

Grilled Tilapia with Chimichurri Mayo
Adapted from Kraft.com
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/3 cup mayonnaise 
2 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 Tablespoon dried oregano
1 garlic clover, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 Tilapia fillets

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the fish.  Remove 2 Tablespoons of mixture and set aside.

Preheat grill to 325 degrees F.  Tear off 4 pieces of aluminum foil that are big enough to form a packet around the fish.  Spray aluminum foil with non-stick spray and place one piece of fish on each piece.  Evenly slather the chimichurri mayo over the top of each piece of fish.  Bring the long sides of the foil together and fold twice to seal.  Now bring the remaining sides together, folding to seal - leave a little room for steam.

Place fish over direct heat and grill for 7 minutes, rotate the packets and continue to cook for another 7-8 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Carefully remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.  Carefully open the foil packet and serve.  Top with reserved mayo if desired.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Grilled Shrimp with Mini Sweet Peppers and Benihana Sauce
Two Years Ago:  Grilled Pork Chops with Tarragon Mustard Sauce

8 comments:

Unknown said...

totally understand!... it's a fine balance between hunger and photography isn't it?... this looks wonderful... I made my first chimichurri sauce a few weeks back but the idea of making it into a mayo is genius... I love it!

Big Dude said...

"Sometimes hunger over takes any sort of effort at taking good pictures." - happens every shot for me, coupled with not liking my food below piping hot. Bev gained a couple of pounds on our trip and wants to eat grilled everything for a while so I'll be digging thru my Jenn file.

StephenC said...

If only we could eat photograghs! We'd all be shooting and cooking them daily. I used to slather mayo on fish and broil - less inventive than you, but quick and easy (when you're at the beach.)

We Are Not Martha said...

Mmm I bet this is awesome on fish, but amazing on EVERYTHING! I agree. I'm very impatient when it comes to photography!!

Sues

Unknown said...

I am making this for sure, great idea!

Sue/the view from great island said...

I love using mayo on fish, and this one sounds amazing. I know just what you mean about the photos, there is just so long you can stare at a delicious dish without devouring it.

Pam said...

I have some fresh halibut that I bet this would chimichurri mayo would be fantastic with.

Chris said...

Chimi-Mayo - That is superb! How about a grilled chicken breast sandwich with chimi mayo on it, yum!