Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Chicken Satay Salad

Ending the week with yet another salad... maybe I'll start making that a theme??? :)

I adore chicken satay.  I will order it whenever I have the opportunity and have made different versions of it throughout the last two years (one even being posted just almost exactly two years ago!!).  So, when I saw this recipe, it was just a given that I had to try it.  The only downside I can think of was the peanut dressing was a bit thicker than I would have liked it....but that didn't stop me from eating it, trust me.  It was SOOOO incredibly good.  I would eat this every single night... it's just that good!

Chicken Satay Salad

Adapted from Food Network
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 Tablespoon olive oil
4-6 cups green leaf lettuce, torn or chopped
1/2 English cucumber, sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
3 Tablespoons dry roasted peanuts
For the Thai peanut Sauce - 
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon chili sauce
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
2-4 Tablespoons water

Directions:
In a measuring cup or bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the peanut sauce.  Remove 5 Tablespoons of the sauce and set aside.  Place the chicken in a resealable bag and pour the remaining peanut sauce over the chicken.  Seal the bag and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Remove chicken from bag and place over direct heat.  Grill 8-10 minutes per side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.  Remove from gill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.  Thinly sliced once cooled.

Meanwhile, take the remaining 5 Tablespoons of peanut sauce and mix with lime juice and olive oil; set aside.

To build the salad - place lettuce in bowl or plate.  Top with cucumber, tomatoes, peppers and cilantro. Top with sliced chicken and finish with peanuts.  Drizzle dressing over the salad and serve.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Wanna Be Polynesian Chicken Kabobs
Two Years Ago:  Grilled Chicken Sate with Peanut Sauce

8 comments:

StephenC said...

You have me with the peanut sauce. I don't know why I don't eat peanut butter or peanuts more often - for crying out loud I love them both. Okay, I can already tell I can't decipher the anti-robot stuff below. If you're reading this I succeeded.

Angie's Recipes said...

Keep them coming, Jenn. I am a huge fan of salads. I gotta try your peanut sauce.

Anonymous said...

we just LOVE satay but I've never actually cooked it - now's the time - fabulous recipe - thanks :))Mary x

Pam said...

Love the flavors and textures in this beautiful salad. It looks tasty Jenn!

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Jenn, this is one salad I'll be making VERY soon! Funny, I just used the last of the peanut butter this morning and put it on the grocery list. Can't wait!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This sounds wonderful as does the Sichuan chicken below. No one does chicken better that you do, Jenn. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Big Dude said...

I've never had this but will give it a try the next time we visit the Thai restaurant. With Madisons enjoyment of stir fry, the Szechuan Chicken below will go on the menu

Chris said...

Are you kidding me? I'd hit that salad seven ways til Sunday! The idea of a satay salad makes my mouth crave that peanuty flavor, Jenn.