Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Grilled Mustard Pork Chops

Mustard and pork - it's like they were meant for each other.  I bet the inventor of mustard was sitting around one day, gnawing on a pork chop thinking:  "there really is something missing.. something tangy and wonderful... I think I'll invent mustard"

Ok, I'm sure that's probably not how it went down, but still..  Look at what happens when the two come together - it's a bit like heaven!

Grilled Mustard Pork Chops
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons apple juice
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2 boneless pork loin chops
For the sauce (optional - but why would you leave it out???)
3 Tablespoons sour cream
1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
garlic salt, white pepper, cayenne pepper (all to taste)

Directions:
In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together the apple juice, mustard, and thyme.  Place the pork in a resealable bag and pour the marinade over it.  Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the sauce.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Oil the grill grates.  Remove the pork from the bag and discard the marinade.  Place the pork over the fire and allow to cook 4-5 minutes per side or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.  Remove from grill and allow to rest for 3 minutes.  Serve with sauce on the side.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Chorizo and Rice Casserole

14 comments:

StephenC said...

Somehow I've been thinking about mustard today. We have a kielbasa, some cheese and part of a loaf of French bread. I see a theme here.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I love your theory on mustards start. Could be true!! My sister would LOVE this recipe. She's got a serious addiction to dijon. I'll have to forward this to her!

Anna's kitchen table said...

Mmmmmmmm! Can I have that with lots of sauce and a huge mound of rice please?

Cranberry Morning said...

Actually, I think it was the mustard maker who was one day eating his mustard by the spoonful and thought, 'Surely there must be a better way to do this,' when he noticed the family pig walking past the window... ;-)

Looks delicious, Jenn.♥

Big Dude said...

I have a couple of frozen loin roasts that we need to eat so I'm happy about these good chop recipes you're putting up.

Lucie said...

These look so, so delish. What a lovely blog you have here - I shall be back soon :) x

Pam said...

Mustard always give such a nice depth of flavor to dishes & marinades. Your pork and sauce look terrific (like usual)!

Angie's Recipes said...

I am a fan of mustard too....not that I know much about it, but I simply enjoy its flavours. The pork chop looks really juicy.

Unknown said...

Yes, I think mustard and pork are match made in food heaven. I am addicted to mustard (dijon or English) Love the sauce presentation.. very professional :)

Pam said...

Mustard is great on just about anything and your chops sounds tangy and delicious with the sauce. You definitely have a mustard thing going on there! I'm a mustard addict and there are more jars of mustard in my fridge than I care to mention. At least it's not fattening like mayo! Good post, Jenn!

Mary Bergfeld said...

It looks and sounds wonderful. We love pork in our house and I love mustard sauces and coatings. This is a nice recipe. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Alex Staff said...

It's actually a bite of heaven. I don't know any meat lover who hates mustard. The two are practically the best perfect comfort food. I also like your plating. Do you have a background on culinary arts?

Unknown said...

Alex - no, I have no official culinary training. Everything I know is either self taught or I learned from my grandmother and/or mother.

Chris said...

ha ha, love your theory on mustard.