Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Steaks with Balsamic Vinegar, Dijon & Garlic Marinade

It's getting warm here...which means you are going to start seeing a ton of grilling recipes.  When it's 110 here in the valley of the sun, the last thing I want to do when I come home from work is heat up the kitchen.  True, it's hot standing out by the grill, but at least I have a nice cool place to retreat to when I'm finished.  When the kitchen is hot, the entire house is hot!  

Anyway.. you didn't come here for the weather, you came here for the food, right?  Well here's another hit.  This marinade wonderful!!  The steak picks up this amazing flavor that I (mostly due to me not being a good writer) cannot put it into words.  You get all the flavors of the marinade, the balsamic vinegar, the mustard, the garlic, but neither one is overwhelming.  My only suggestion, if you have more then 4 hours to marinate this, do it.  I believe the steak would then be "melt in your mouth" good!!

Steaks w/Balsamic Vinegar, Dijon & Garlic Marinade
Adapted from Aggie's Kitchen
Ingredients:
1.25 lb Chuck Tender Steaks (or any cut of your choice, I used what I had on hand)
1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
2 TB Dijon mustard
1 TB Worcestershire sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
In a bowl, combine Balsamic vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Place steaks in a zip lock bag. Pour marinade into bag, making sure to coat and massage the steak with marinade. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight and/or all day. 

Cook steaks on a preheated grill for 12-20 minutes depending on how rare or well done you want them.  Once steaks are finished cooking, allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into them.  Then prepare yourself... this steak has a fantastic flavor!  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

I've never met another cook who loved marinading as much as I do. They're my FAVORITE! This one looks divine Jenn.

Stephen C said...

Beautiful looking hunk 'o meat!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I'm passing this one on to my Sissy, Jenn. She LOVES dijon, and well really everything in the marinade, she'll go crazy for this I'm sure! Sounds delightful! keep the grilling recipes coming, my grill has been lonely and wants to be used. I even got charcoal the other day in anticipation :)