Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Pass it On Week 2: Garlic Lime Chicken

Ok, so this is not a Jamie Oliver recipe, but I believe that Jamie would give his approval for using this as my next Pass it On recipe. (If you are unfamiliar with the Food Revolution movement, check out my post from last week here)  If you want simple, if you want light, if you want healthy, if you want DEEE-licious...then you must try this recipe. Four ingredients (all fresh by the way) bring this flavorful dish together.  Other then the marinating time of 1-2 hours, this dish can be on your plate in less then 30 minutes...a perfect weeknight meal!!

The directions in this recipe call for you to run the garlic through a press if possible.  If you do not have a garlic press, then smash the clove first and chop it up as fine as you can...this will help release the oils which will help flavor the chicken.  And, if you didn't have lime or don't like lime, you can always use one small lemon instead.  This chicken is so moist (as long as you don't over cook it) it is perfect just by itself.  That's right, the sauce girl is saying this chicken needs no sauce!!  mmmmmmm....I wish there was just one more piece.....










Did I mention mmmmmmmm?  Oh yea, don't forget to "Pass it On"..........

Garlic Lime Chicken
Ingredients:
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 limes, zested and juiced
5 cloves of garlic, peeled and pressed through a garlic press
salt & pepper

Directions:
Place chicken in a Ziploc bag.  In a small bowl combine the olive oil, juice, zest and garlic.  Pour over chicken, seal bag, and marinate for 1-2 hours.

Preheat a grill or oven (400 degrees).  Remove chicken from bag and through out marinade.  Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.  Cook chicken 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle. Enjoy!   


2 comments:

Stephen C said...

Eek, I'm already a week behind. Sticky chicken is on the menu for tomorrow night, with just a few variations on the theme.

I see you like zucchini. I do too, though Peter less so. What's your favorite recipe for zukes?

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

YUM! I love love LOVE lime with chicken. Usually I just do salt & lime, like a margarita :) I'll have to add garlic next time. And would you know it, I have 2 limes that I need to use or toss today. Looks like I know whats for dinner :) Consider it officially passed on Jenn :)