Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Garlic Cheddar Fish

 
Some nights I sit in front of the computer and just stare.  The words don't seem to flow.  All my humor and charm leave me and I'm at a loss for words :)  Tonight is one of those nights.  I made this dish a week ago and I have tried to figure out what to write about every night since then!  It's driving me crazy.  I almost didn't post this, but the recipe is so good, I hated to hold off posting it any longer.  So, loyal readers, I will tell you this recipe is: garlicky, crunchy, cheddary, tasty...what more really needs to be said?

This is a Jenn's Food Journey original...something I threw together one night after I decided not to make whatever was scheduled to be made that night :)  The only thing I would change, (and should have changed this time, but thought about it too late) is the garlic.  I would add fresh garlic (4 cloves), minced, instead of using the garlic powder and mix it all in with the panko and cheddar. 

Garlic Cheddar Fish
Ingredients:
4 Tilapia fillets
Juice of half a lemon
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
4 Tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon Ms. Dash original seasoning (or 1/4 teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Spray a baking dish with non stick cooking spray.

Arrange fish in baking dish and squeeze lemon juice over each fillet.  Season with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper.

In a small bowl, mix the panko, cheese, Ms. Dash, and the remaining garlic powder.  Spread evenly over the top of the fillets.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.  Enjoy!

 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love fish and yours looks so good. The panko bread crumbs are perfect with fish!