Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Seasoned Ground Pork and Veggie Pizza

So it was quite the busy weekend around our house :)  Not only did Chris and I get hitched, but I turned 40 on Sunday!  Feels strange to actually say that out loud, but I'm not freaked out about it at all.  To me, age is nothing but a number... my number gets a little higher each year... but so does yours :)  I'll talk more about the wedding and even show you some pictures in a post next week (or whenever I get the actual pictures) - so hang tight and you'll be a part of our special weekend soon enough!

As for this pizza.. it was just one of those things I threw together.  There was no real recipe, I just had some ground pork and veggies I needed to use up and so... this was born.  And you know what, it turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself!!!

Seasoned Ground Pork and Veggie Pizza
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 lbs ground pork
1-2 Tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (depending on taste)
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 zucchini, chopped
1/4 sweet onion, chopped
1 Mama Mia's thin pizza crust (or 1 ball of homemade pizza dough)
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
In a skillet, over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the sweet onion.  Cook 5 minutes and add the pork.  Cook another 5-8 minutes or until the pork is no longer pink.  Add the taco seasoning, a little at a time, until you reach the desired flavor, stirring to combine.  Add the pepper and zucchini and cook another 2 minutes.  Remove from heat.

Preheat grill to 400 degrees.  Brush olive oil over both sides of the crust and place on grill.  Grill for 4 minutes and carefully remove.  Flip the crust over and spread the sauce over the cooked side of the crust.  Add the pork and veggies and top with cheese.  Place back on the grill and continue to grill for another 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted.  (you might have to move the pizza to indirect heat to make sure the crust does not burn)  Carefully remove from grill and slice.  Serve and Enjoy!!

One Year Ago:  Chicken Caesar Pasta
Two Years Ago:  A Cook's Book for Cooks
Three Years Ago:  Sour Cream Corn Muffins

7 comments:

Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) said...

Congratulations on getting hitched and Happy Birthday!!!!

Big Dude said...

The pizza looks delicious Jenn and I assume you were just one day short of being able to star in the "40 Year Old Virgin." :-)

Unknown said...

welcome to the 40 club honey... it's a great place to be, well, that, a beer and this gorgeous pizza, then we're at a good place!

Pam said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of your wedding! Happy 40th.

The pizza looks hearty and delicious.

Chris said...

HEY!

Congratulations Jenn! We are so happy for you, hope everything went as planned or even better!

They pizza looks great. I remember when I just turned 40. I think...

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Jenn, as you know, I'm a pizza girl. But I have never put pork on a pizza! Now I'm asking myself why not!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday Jenn! and many congratulations again on the wedding. I look forward to seeing the pictures :) Now, the pizza is a winner to me... nothing not to like, yum yum... Enjoy your Sunday!