Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp

When I saw this recipe posted on Mary's site, I knew instantly, I would have to make it.  I love spicy, I love orange, I love garlic, I love shrimp.  It was a true no-brainer :)  I did make my sauce a bit thicker than Mary did, but otherwise, I pretty much followed the recipe to a T.  And that is just my preference, so make it her way, or make it my way, either way, you gotta make it.  I can totally understand why this is one of her family's favorites.

Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp
Adapted from Barefeet in the Kitchen
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 lb large (41/50 count) size raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tales removed
3 large garlic cloves, finely minced
3/4 cup good quality orange juice
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons butter

Directions:
Dry the peeled shrimp with a paper towel and set aside.  In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the garlic, orange juice, cayenne, Old Bay and cornstarch; set aside.

In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter.  Add the shrimp and allow to become slightly golden on one side, about 1-2 minutes.  Turn the shrimp allow to cook until they are pink and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes longer.  Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.

Return the pan to the stove and pour in the sauce.  Stir, scraping any bits and pieces from the bottom of the pan.  Reduce heat to low and allow sauce to simmer until it has thickened slightly.  Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to coat.  Let them cook another minute and remove from heat.  Serve over rice and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Chipotle Meatballs
Two Years Ago:  Tuna Pasta Ponza

12 comments:

StephenC said...

This is a keeper.

Big Dude said...

I added it to the try list from Mary's site and I think I like the looks of your thicker sauce - with both of you recommending it, I know it must be tried soon.

Cranberry Morning said...

Great recipe, Jenn. And don't you love how my mind works: I read 'Spicy Orange Garlic Chicken'!!! :-D

Mary said...

YAY! I'm thrilled that you liked it. I bet the starch made the sauce perfect. I'm going to try thickening it next time as well. It looks even more delicious this way, if that's even possible!

Debra Hawkins said...

This looks amazing! Adding the ingredients to my shopping list!

Unknown said...

oh man!... this REALLY does look amazing... love those flavour combo's and the sweet sweet shrimp... very very nice!

Velva said...

This is a great dish. The flavors are enticing. I can see why you would enjoy this meal. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Velva

Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) said...

We loved it when we tried it. I like how your sauce looks compared to when I made it. I must make this one again.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the flavors you've used here, Jenn. This really sounds delicious. Have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

Pam said...

I love all of those things too so I know these shrimp would make me happy! YUM!

Angie's Recipes said...

wow the sauce has definitely stolen the show! Looks absolutely irresistible!

Chris said...

This has been very popular all around, I can't wait to try it.