Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Simply Seasoned Grilled Steaks with Feta Compound Butter

Ok, so I'm having a love affair with compound butters at the moment.  I can't help myself.  I used to make them quite a bit, but then stopped, but now I've started again... and.... well... I just can't get enough.  Honestly, how can you go wrong with wonderfully flavored butter melting on top of a perfectly seasoned steak??  It's a bit of heaven if you ask me!

Simply Seasoned Grilled Steaks with Feta Compound Butter
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 steaks (any cut will do, these were sirloins)
Olive oil
Kosher salt
Fresh cracked black pepper
Cayenne pepper
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 Tablespoons crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese

Directions:
Drizzle both sides of each steak with olive oil.  Season the steaks liberally with salt, pepper, and cayenne.  Let set in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.  Take steak out and let sit at room temperature 30 minutes before grilling.

In a small bowl, mix together the butter and feta cheese.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 400 degrees.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Place the steaks over direct heat and grill for 4-8 minutes per side depending on the desired doneness.  Remove from grill and allow to rest for 3 minutes.  Drop half of the compound butter on top of the steak and allow to rest another 2 minutes.  Serve immediately and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Chicken with Mint
Two Years Ago:  Mustard Dill Fish

9 comments:

Unknown said...

you cannot go wrong... I think is the answer... I need steak... I mean I REALLY NEED steak, may have to pop over to the pub tonight for a steak, the chef their does a wonderful blue cheese compound butter... ahhhhh...

StephenC said...

We used to do compound butter from time to time. Now, with a fresh basil plant and also a thyme, it's "time" to do it again.

Yenta Mary said...

I used to make them a lot, as well, and just kinda moved on ... it's been awhile, but I think you might just inspire me to make one again!

Pam said...

Ummm, mmm! Perfect! I haven't made the butter in a long time and have to again soon after seeing this! Thanks!

Cranberry Morning said...

Butter and Feta. What a perfect combination! ...and sirloin!!

Pam said...

Good lord woman... I have a sudden craving for steak and that yummy compound butter now!

Lea Ann (Cooking on the Ranch) said...

Compound butters are goooo-od. Don't know why I don't use them more often. I've been wanting to grill a good steak, but am still using things from the fridge/Freezer that need to go before I buy more food. Don't you hate when that happens? ;)

Mary said...

mmmmmm, I seriously need a steak. A lovely, juicy steak just like this one with butter melting on top. Delicious!

Candace said...

You have just reminded me that I adore melty compound butter on my steak. This one looks delicious!