Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pasta in Pesto Cream with Chicken and Tomatoes

The Food Floozie is inspiring.  She inspires me to keep meals simple and yet flavorful.  And you know what, it can be done more times than not, trust me.  I think we all get so caught up in making wonderful, delicious meals that we forget some of the most simplest ideas can be even more amazing.... and it means less time in the kitchen and more time to ourselves or with our loved ones.  And that is one the most important things in life!

This recipe just proves that you don't always have to "go all out" to get a great dinner on the table in no time.  I cheated a bit and used pre-made pesto... it worked perfectly, actually.  It not only brought a lot of flavor to dish but it created a ton less work and clean up.  Gotta love that!!  Thanks for the great recipe, Mary!

Pasta in Pesto Cream with Chicken and Tomatoes
Slightly adapted from Mary, Food Floozie
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
10-12 oz penne pasta
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks
16 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cup prepared pesto (or try this homemade version)
1/4 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain - reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.  Set aside.

Meanwhile, in a skillet, over medium heat, add the oil.  Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.  Add the tomatoes and cook another 3 minutes.  Stir in the pesto and cook another 2 minutes.  Slowly add the cream and let simmer another minute or two, or until everything is heated through.  Season with salt and pepper as needed.  If pasta is too dry, add a little of the reserved pasta water.  Serve immediately and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Pasta Primavera with Tuna
Two Years Ago:  Grilled Sriracha Glazed Chicken

5 comments:

Debbie said...

This looks delicious Jenn and I am all about simplicity.....

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yenta Mary rocks :) This sounds so good!! I have everything on hand too. Might be lunch for me today :) I love the simplicity of this and yet you know it's going to have a great complex flavor with the pesto and tomatoes in it. Delish!

Debra Hawkins said...

I think this might be dinner tonight! I do clean eating and my husband is dying for something more. :)

Pam said...

I love quick and simple recipes - they make the best meals. This pesto pasta looks wonderful Jenn.

Yenta Mary said...

Aw, shucks, look what I find when I come to have my daily visit with you??? And it's making me hungry to look at it - oh, man, I love pasta!!! And this one was so simple and so good ... :)