Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Questions Answered

A few weeks back I got tagged on two different sites.  I promised them both I would get to it soon...soon turned into a little while longer...but now.. now I am ready to keep my promise to them and answer the interesting questions they have posed to me.

I am going to cheat though... yea, you probably knew that didn't you?  If you've read my blog long enough you will know that I never quite follow the rules when I am tagged or win an award... I'm a rebel like that!  What I am going to do is answer the first 4 questions from each blogger, that way I'll have answered their questions, but not written out a post that has 16 things you may not have even wanted to know about me :)

So on with the first 4 that Jennifurla at Indigo's Sugar Spectrum asked:

1. If you could eat anything without any health repercussions or guilt, what would your meal be?   Oh, that's an easy one....homemade southern deep fried chicken, mac & cheese, shoe string fries, coleslaw...and for dessert - deep fried cheesecake...mmmmmmm!!!

2. If you could meet anyone living or dead who would it be and why?     I would want to meet both my grandfathers (ok, maybe that's cheating by saying two people, but still, I couldn't want to meet one and not the other, that would just be wrong!).  Both men died before I was born...both man were amazing men that I would have loved to have spent time with....even if just for a day.

3. Why did you start blogging and what did you expect when you started?    I expected nothing...actually, I expected that within 6 months I would have given it up.  Honestly, I started blogging because I needed a project...you know when you just feel that need to do SOMETHING...well, blogging was my something.

4. What is the one book you could read over and over again?     That's just not fair! I love so many books and have re-read so many of them, it feels so wrong to just pick one.  How about I narrow it down to the one book I have read the most throughout my whole life....yes, that should do....that book is To Kill a Mockingbird.  The first time I read it was in 8th grade.  I have read it at least once to two times every 5 years since than.  Fantastic book!

 (That's me with my mom and dad)

Now for the first 4 questions from Spoon and Chopsticks:

1. Who do you like to cook with in your family?     My mom, though we rarely get to cook together as I live in AZ and she's in the good ol' Husker state..but when we've cooked together, it's always been fun.

2. What are your 5 favorite spices that you can't live without?     Salt, Pepper, Cayenne, garlic powder, paprika.

3. Which is the vegetable you can't live without?     Easy...Zucchini :)

4.  What is the most unusual food you have eaten?     I think that would have to be ostrich...I'm not all that adventurous when it comes to food...certain things scare me... I think ostrich is sort of an unusual thing... it's not usually on our table, that's for sure!!  lol

So that's 8 little tid bits about me....now the game is that you tag 8 more bloggers and ask them 8 more questions..BUT..rule breaker that I am, I'm not going to do it....instead, I'm going to ask you ALL just one little question...if you answer it, great, if not, that's great too! 

The question:  If you could go anywhere in the world and be trained in how to cook that regions cuisine by some of the top chefs and/or home cooks, where would it be?


10 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Jenn, you look so fit and pretty! To answer your question, Paris properly would be my first choice.
I wish you a wonderful weekend!
Angie

Cranberry Morning said...

I loved reading this post! So fun to know those things about you, about how you feel re. your grandfathers, about your love of fried?? cheesecake! (are you kidding??) ;-) and enjoyed the photos.

As much as I love England, I could easily just take a bag lunch when I go, so England wouldn't be my first choice for cuisine. Though, to be fair, I absolutely love their cheese and fish'n'chips!! I think I'd want to learn to cook Indian food, for I once ate at an amazing Indian restaurant in Cirencester, England and the food was amazing!!

Yenta Mary said...

You and Chris look SO cute together! And it's wonderful to "meet" your mom and dad and to learn more about you -- ah, still kindred spirits in many ways! That bit about choosing a cuisine ... man, that's a hard one to answer. I'm with Judy on the Indian food, which I absolutely ADORE! And I also love Moroccan, French, Italian (omnivore that I am). Maybe something I don't know as much about -- Japanese, though I'm not a huge fan, because of the artfulness? I have so much trouble making decisions when it comes to food!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Great pictures Jenn! You're so pretty!! I love the one of you and Christ, too, you guys look really happy :)

I'd have to say France. Paris would be wonderful but really I'd love to learn from some awesome country cook who has a mind blowing herb garden and close relationships with the butcher, local cheese maker, vintner (gotta have that wine!!!) and all the rest. Real french country cooking would be awesome :)

Chris said...

Hmmmm Does Steve Raichlen's back yard count? ha ha

If not, than I pick Thailand.

StephenC said...

I have to hedge my answer a bit. It would be one of the Asian countries: China, Thailand, Vietnam. I bathe far too often to go to Paris.

Unknown said...

deep fried cheesecake, say no more...where can I get some!

Unknown said...

hi Jenn. I eat fried chickens by the buckets. It's my comfort food. YUM.
I'm not sure I'd like to try ostrich... :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Michael

Mary Bergfeld said...

China would be my hands down favorite. I loved getting to know a little more about you. Your photos are wonderful. Have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

Chef Dennis Littley said...

Hi Jenn
thanks for sharing info about yourself, its always nice to learn more about our foodie friends! great pictures , you and Chris look very happy!
Cheers
Dennis